Lora Palmer has tagged me for a blog hop! So I'm supposed to answer these seven questions and then pass them along.
1. What is your dream vacation?
I'd like to spend a month up in the mountains somewhere really beautiful in the summertime, probably Montana. I'd take my husband along and my laptop--so we could spend time together, and I could have a sort of writer's retreat. Have you ever been to Montana in the summer? It's beautiful. The mountains, the sky, the stars, it's like nothing else in the world. When I was there in 2006, I saw my first and only moon bow. If that's not magical, I don't know what is.
2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
I am a planner to the core. I can be spontaneous, but only if someone forces me to. Even then, I get incredibly anxious until we're actually doing whatever we decided to do.
3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don’t dare to do.
I'd like to paint our duplex. We never painted it when we first moved in because we didn't know how long we would be here. I've applied to graduate school, and if I get in locally I think I may finally do this.
4. Your biggest phobia?
I really dislike knives. I watched the Scream movies when I was much too young to be watching them. I can't handle being near anyone with a knife or have anyone watching me when I use one.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island – what 3 things would you want with you (not including laptop, or family).
No laptop? That's fine, I'll bring my Kindle, but first I'll have to load it to capacity and buy a battery that will never run out. After that I'll take my Jojoba oil. Then finally I'll bring a notebook and pen. Does that count as one?
6. Name three blessings in your life.
My husband, his parents, and cake.
7. What was your nickname in High School?
I really wish I had something interesting to put here, but I've never had a nickname.
8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?
I'm really not sure. It would be an honor to meet him, but what do you say to a political figure of that standing?
9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be?
Hermione Granger. Hands down.
10. What is your favorite quote?
"Our truest responsibility to the irrationality of the world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find the truth."
I'm really not sure who to tag with this. So if you'd like to keep the blog hop going, let me know in the comments!