What I'm Reading: I finished The Madman's Daughter and am hoping to put a review up this weekend. I haven't started my next book yet, but I think I'm going to read Shadow and Bone again and then read Siege and Storm.
What I'm Writing: Guys. This week has been rough for writing. Working on Saturday (I'm a M-F girl) really threw me off, and I haven't been able to recover. I've been binge watching shows on Netflix and reading for hours at a time. I didn't meet my goals for last week. I was working on the editing, and then I realized that there was a huge part of my timeline that just didn't work. Too much time was going by for my characters' decisions and my plot elements to make sense. While I figured out what I needed to do to fix it, I didn't get myself to do it. In fact, I sat around this afternoon hating myself for a while (as we all do from time-to-time), and I finally decided to do something. So I'm re-reading the scenes that happen just before this new scene has to take place and am taking notes so I can finally write the new one. Maybe tomorrow?
I think I'm going to try to be more disciplined and specific with my goals this coming week. I want to be very specific. Here's my plan:
- Thursday: Write the new scene (chapter 11, scene 1)
- Friday/Saturday: Start the second new scene (chapter 11, scene 2). I'll be spending a lot of time with my husband these days since we have hardly seen each other this week, so I want to be realistic here.
- Sunday: Finish new scene. Read through the rest of part two (chapters 12-17) for timeline inconsistencies. Make slight edits as needed.
- Monday: Read chapters 18 and 19 for timeline inconsistencies and correct.
- Tuesday: Read chapters 20-22 for timeline inconsistencies and correct (finishing out part 3).
So I only have two real writing goals. The editing goals are less daunting then they look because the timeline shift is only 4 days, but when I'm weaving in actual historical events, it makes all the difference.
What else I've been up to: We finished the office move! Finally! Hopefully I can breathe soon.
What's Inspiring Me Now: Not much other than the need to not feel like such a lump. Pushing through.
I'll try to read through everyone's posts tomorrow after my new scene is written! See you then :)